Friday, January 7, 2011

Its a paradox


I don’t know why I’m having trouble writing to this blog these days. Maybe it is because I am a full-time working mom with a full-time working husband with two kids in two different daycares. Maybe it is because year one in daycare I was immediately reminded of year one with my older which was full of illnesses, coughs, infections, tantrums, teething, and sleep regression (but now times two – or maybe times ten). Maybe it is because many of the reasons I started this blog are long gone as we are now once again two working parents. Whatever the reasons, I’m slowly putting pen to paper and forming ideas again – so we shall see.

Last night I was listening to my husband explain what a paradox is to my older daughter (he did a terrific job by the way). One thing that remains true about this blog was my desire to write about my families struggles with life’s big and little balances. It is so hard to give up and give away – but it brings you so much in return. It is not easy – to live simple. We need modern items - but old ways should not be forgotten. That has been and will continue to be our struggle. To find balance, to live more – have more adventure, love, a sense of wonder – but to do it with less – less impact, money, time, etc. 

I’m contemplating the yin and the yang of my life right now and my goal now is to write more about it here. I hope you will join me in comments, ideas, and even blog contributions if you wish.
Thanks especially if you stuck around and waited for this post. 

(royalty free photo from stock.xchange)

No comments:

Post a Comment