Friday, November 12, 2010

Good Old Public Transportation

I saw this post a while back titled Why public transportation is good for kids and it peeked my interest enough to share it here. Public transit where I grew up was a really slow bus that went some places and a boyfriends car :). I walked a LOT growing up. I didn't get a car when I turned 16, or 18, or even when I went to collage.

That is because I went to college in San Francisco and living in the bay area with a bike, bus, and BART was really the best experience a kid could have had. I eventually got a car and frankly - I rely on it way too much now. We walk and bike some with our kids but this article really got me thinking that it might be time to just see where that bus in our hood goes!

Do you take public transportation with your kids?

No comments:

Post a Comment