Saturday, September 25, 2010

Learn a new skill


I would suspect most of you who read this realize that saving more...often means doing things yourself or at least investing your own time, sweat, etc.
So this post is simple - learn how to do something you don't already know how to do. Learn to knit, sew, cook, repair things....

For several years since starting my garden and doing lots of u-pick I have been dying to learn how to can. Most things I just look up on the Internet (seriously, where would we be without it these days), read up, then try it - but for some reason canning scared me to death. So I finally got up the guts to ask a friend to teach me this new skill! I had a blast. I have lots of yummy jam. I can't wait to try more.

I dare you - learn a new skill!

No comments:

Post a Comment