Wednesday, June 23, 2010

Building Confidence

Have you ever had to have someone tell you “you can do this”? Tell yourself… “it’ll be a learning experience”? Some might call it psyching yourself up... right now I call it confidence building. Often – confidence is something we are trying to teach our kids – not necessarily something we would recognize we need more off in ourselves. But lately, I’ve realized that I need to work on my own confidence levels. Confidence in what you might ask?

- Confidence that I am in fact a good mom, even though I miss a lot of the day’s events while at work
- Confidence that I know what I’m doing at work and am a valuable part of my firm
- Confidence that we will find a way to survive as a family of three while my husband is away caring for his parents
- Confidence that I am not guilty of anything just because I have to ask for help
- Confidence that I can make time for myself because if I don’t, who will
- Confident that the little things I do add up to a lot
- Confidence in my own ability to adapt, be creative, and grow


Yep, I’m giving myself a little pep talk today! It is something I find I need more of when things are as crazy as they have been and probably will be for me in the coming weeks. So today…Less negative focus… More confidence building. Come on, join me :)

No comments:

Post a Comment