Tuesday, October 26, 2010

Upcycling - I gotta learn to sew again!!


I really really need to re-learn how to sew! I learned when I was young thanks to my mom and grandmother. I also learned how to crochet and kept some of that up - but not the sewing. I even have a simple machine and I think it gets more use by my mom when she visits than me....

I'm thinking about looking for local classes so if anyone has any recommendations please let me know. I think some of the big chains offer then but a fun 101 local class - if it was maybe on a weekend so I could escape would be a blast.

I'm always reading blogs about things you can make from old wool sweaters (like diaper covers) or cool yoga pants from a t-shirt. I mean.... just check out this blog about a girl who makes a dress a day from used clothes (yep 365 dresses in 365 days) for only $365... wow!

If anyone wants to learn with me let me know!

No comments:

Post a Comment