Monday, October 25, 2010

Meatless Monday - Root Veggies


I'm not sure why... but I love roots! I love carrots and always grow a TON of them (I think literally). Last year we tried to grow potatoes in a trash can (much harder than I would have thought and needed a lot of soil), Sweet potatoes make the best french fries in the worlds... ok you get the picture. Since we are officially in fall full swing and we finally actually want to turn the oven on to warm up the house try out some of these ideas for cooking up some roots:

Smoky Root Vegetable Gratin - basically a yummy casserole

Roasted Root Vegetables - as simple as it gets

Gratin - cause potatoes covered in cheese sauce is to die for

and I made this one for Thanksgiving last year and it was such a hit I will for sure be making it again this year:
Whipped Sweet Potatoes and Bananas with Honey

"Dig" in!

No comments:

Post a Comment