Monday, August 9, 2010

Meatless Monday in the Media

Check out today's NPR Interview with Meatless Monday Founder Sid Lerner. I thought it hit to the point of why we take the challenge here at home to eat meatless more often. Though it isn't always Monday, we try to conscious consumers of everything we eat....meat included. I don't believe this needs to be "hip" or be about diets or extremes. I think the idea of involving great foodies will only help the movement because who wouldn't love some great recipe ideas of places to eat out that serve up wholesome foods - no matter what the day - no matter what the ingredients.

I encourage you to read it and listen in (it's only 8 mins). I also encourage you to visit Meatlesss Monday and take the challenge.

PS - love one of the comments on the NPR article by a parent who calls it "Milkshake Mondays" and ends their family meatless day with a yogurt smoothie or milkshake!

No comments:

Post a Comment