Monday, June 21, 2010

Meatless Monday

Maybe a month back my daughter got in the car from a day at school to tell me how excited she was that they ate a panini at school that day. She had never had one and was so proud she tried one. Now they are one of her favorite additions to her school lunch menu and well, the good food at her school is one of the things I love!

I ran across this recipe the other day: Grilled Eggplant & Portobello Sandwich and I immediately flashed back to our panini conversation and was inspired.Time to try a panini at home. Tonight's Meatless Monday at home was our rather traditional now -  tofu, broccoli in black bean sauce (with a little left over eggplant from our curry a few nights ago - also meatless)... but I think if the sun ever comes back and we can grill again I will be excited to try this new recipe out. Unfortunately, due to lack of sun, I think my own eggplant starts won't make it - so the odds are against the eggplant coming from my garden - but I could use some yummy homemade bread.

No comments:

Post a Comment