- Lots of local food (or from our garden) and ate at home all weekend (see my meatless monday post from yesterday)!
- A trip to the used baby store for second hand Halloween costumes
- An afternoon at the public pool one day and a afternoon in the yard getting the ground ready for bulb planting, watering the fall garden, swinging, and making dandelion chains :)
We have lots of weeds and no "daisies" but we managed to make a chain and pretend to be fairies anyway... everyone had grass stains...some on their pants, some on their face :)
- Eco Cleaners (post coming soon - this one is probably borderline but I'm putting it in good for my book anyway)
- Taking food for lunch is still a struggle for me - I tried to eat local at a food cart. The good news is that I learned a lot of places are becoming bring your own container friendly so I have plan to bring a wide-mouth mason jar next week. I also will be signing up for Soup Cycle for next week with a co-worker and will have soup either for lunch or a yummy evening side dish (I'll have to blog about that later too)!
- Driving. Unfortunately we did about our normal amount of driving this weekend. While it wasn't one of the things on my list of reductions for this challenge - I still had some grand idea that maybe somehow we we do less. I tried to consolidate trips - but I still feel bad about this one Boo!
- Target - EEK... I will admit now that I made a trip. It included much needed socks for my daughter which we could not find at the used consignment shop near home. Not so hot on my plan for us to reduce waste/garbage :(
We are still slowly working on an attic instillation project, our fall garden (just a couple of things), and keep talking and cooking as a family. We'll see what the week brings, with colds, cold weather, and more eco challenge efforts. Stay tuned!
If you want to support NWEI and our family during the challenge go here!