Thursday, May 20, 2010

No Pain, No Gain

My husband and I were chatting the other night and I asked him how it has been to be the dad handling the cloth diaper duty (since he stays at home). He confirmed my sentiments – it isn’t all that much extra work, some extra laundry and time… but then he said something that really hit me … “well, it isn’t always easier to do what is right.”

Wow, that little statement was just so dead true and yet nearly forgotten in my mind. Convenience has a price does it? We are caught up in this new instantaneous world that working harder for something that takes more time just seems like an insurmountable chore at times. Now I almost feel guilty every time I complain. Ok, don’t get me wrong – sometimes a modern convince IS the better solution for you or your family. I am certainly not one to judge. But it did give me a bit of a reflection on the old statement “no pain, no gain” and how the gain is usually HUGE, if you can just get past the pain.

No comments:

Post a Comment