Monday, March 22, 2010

Meatless Monday - Getting into a Food Revolution

So here we are at Monday again and this week is tough. I'm headed to a conference this week and so meal planning has been sparse. I actually hate that because it means we aren't being as efficient with our food dollars (reminds me to post about meal planning soon).

To top it off, last night I was up way too late watching a new TV show with Jamie Oliver called the Food Revolution. This show is amazing and just what we needed. A wake up call - we are killing ourselves and we think it is just something we can't change or is too hard to change....His simple statements of asking what ingredients are in something and looking to put real food on the table were so refreshing and the whole section on school lunches was eye opening to say the least.

I'm inspired so I'm linking this week to a vegetarian inspired recipe by Jamie himself and I say bravo to him and his family and ABC for taking this on. I can't wait for next week.

Asparagus frittata with a side of baked new potatoes - this might be a new very simple favorite for us and I can't wait to try it (of course it might be when I return home).

PS if you like this show we used to get a show about the 100 mile food challenge so check it out if you get the channel.

No comments:

Post a Comment